On November 7th, all eyes were on Geneva for the 19th Grand Prix d’Horlogerie de Genève (GPHG) prize-giving ceremony. The jury pre-selected 84 watches, awarded 18 prizes, and attributed the “Aiguille d’Or” Grand Prix to Audemars Piguet for the Royal Oak Selfwinding Perpetual Calendar Ultra-Thin watch.
Other watchmakers, including Bulgari, Chanel, MB&F, Urwerk, Vacheron Constantin and many others were rewarded for their creativity, boldness and expertise. The Grand Prix d’Horlogerie de Genève does not celebrate watches only but also influential players in the watchmaking world. This year, the jury awarded the Special Jury Prize to Luc Pettavino, Founder and Organizer of Only Watch.
During the ceremony, the organizers announced their latest initiative, a watchmaking academy that will coincide with the awards’ 20th anniversary. Tapping into the GPHG’s vast network of ambassadors, the academy is bound to contribute to the worldwide promotion and safekeeping of the watchmaking art.
We have our favorites but we also put together a gallery for you to have a look at the winners. Let us know what you think and which ones are your favorites.
Complete list of winners :
- “Aiguille d’Or” Grand Prix: Audemars Piguet, Royal Oak Selfwinding Perpetual Calendar Ultra-Thin
- Ladies’ Watch Prize: Chanel, J12 Calibre 12.1
- Ladies’ Complication Watch Prize: MB&F, Legacy Machine FlyingT
- Men’s Watch Prize: Voutilainen, 28ti
- Men’s Complication Watch Prize: Audemars Piguet, Code 11.59 by Audemars Piguet Minute Repeater Supersonnerie
- Iconic Watch Prize: Audemars Piguet, Royal Oak “Jumbo” Extra-thin
- Chronometry Watch Prize: Chronométrie Ferdinand Berthoud, Carburised steel regulator
- Calendar and Astronomy Watch Prize: Hermès, Arceau L’heure de la lune
- Mechanical Exception Watch Prize: Genus, GNS1.2
- Chronograph Watch Prize: Bvlgari, Octo Finissimo Chronograph GMT Automatic
- Diver’s Watch Prize: Seiko, Prospex LX line diver’s
- Jewellery Watch Prize: Bvlgari, Serpenti Misteriosi Romani
- Artistic Crafts Watch Prize: Voutilainen, Starry Night Vine
- “Petite Aiguille” Prize: Kudoke, Kudoke 2
- Challenge Watch Prize: Tudor, Black Bay P01
- Innovation Prize: Vacheron Constantin, Traditionnelle Twin Beat perpetual calendar
- Audacity Prize: Urwerk, AMC
- “Horological Revelation” Prize: Ming, 17.06 Copper
- Special Jury Prize: Luc Pettavino, Founder and Organiser of Only Watch