We meet Sandro Reginelli, Product/R&D Director at Maurice LaCroix, during BaselWorld who takes us into the brand figures, directions, plans, and novelties. Enjoy watching the video interview to hear it all.
In the past major discoveries have been made by observing life from a different perspective, questioning all seemingly given facts and, at times, challenging convention with creative genius. This is a culture familiar to Maurice Lacroix.
The Swiss company has repeatedly sought to conceive interesting timepieces which depict time in thought-provoking ways. Maurice Lacroix has a passion for progress and continually seeks ground-breaking ideas to charm and delight.
Its latest model, the Maurice Lacroix Masterpiece Gravity, is the first timepiece to feature a fully silicium assortment. Developed in-house by this inventive watch brand, it is the latest example of the company’s forward thinking approach to watchmaking.
Gravity – It ’s an attractive force
Gravity does not discriminate, it acts upon everyone with the same magnitude. It is the phenomenon of two objects being attracted to each other and the reason objects are drawn to the earth’s surface.
The Masterpiece Gravity inspires and challenges convention. It is a contemporary timepiece, at the cutting-edge of progress, that does not merely convey time but emotionally engages with the wearer with creative expression. It presents its oscillator and assortment centre stage on the dial side of the watch. The spectacle of seeing the oscillator beating, along with the pallet lever moving, is very entertaining and emits an attractive force.
- Stainless steel, Ø 43mm, satin and polished for full san-blast with anthracite PVD finishing
- “Box” sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating on both sides
- Screwed caseback with wide sapphire crystal
- Water resistance to 50 m / 5 atm
- Blue steel or rhodium plated hours and minuted hands
- Blued steel or red coated seconds hand
- Genuine black or brown crocodile-skin strap
- Folding steel clasp with push buttons or anthracite PVD coated standard buckle
- Satin and polished finish
- Automatic Manufacture Calibre ML230
- Hours and Minutes dial at 2 o’clock
- Seconds display at 4 o’clock
- Assortment / Oscillator: ML10
- Vibration: 18,000 alt/h, 2.5Hz
- Power reserve: 50 hours
- Jewels: 35
- Adjustments: 5 positions after full winding and after 24 hours
- V1: Clou de Paris, straight brushed, sandblasted and beveled angle, Côte de Genève Colimaçon 3/4 bridge, automatic bridge and Rotor. All rhodium.
- V2: Grand Colimaçon, straight brushed, sandblasted and beveled angle, Côte de Genève Colimaçon 3/4 bridge, automatic bridge and Rotor. All black gold.